!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Corbevax approved for jabbing 5-12 year old kids
DCGI (Drugs Controller General of India) grants emergency use authorisation to Corbevax for children between the age of 5-12 years: Source
ZycovD (Zydus Cadila vaccine) gets nod
DCGI grants emergency use authorisation to ZycovD (Zydus Cadila vaccine) for children above the age of 12 years: Sources
Covaxin gets restricted EUA for children aged 6-12 years
The Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) has given Bharat Biotech’s Covid vaccine Covaxin restricted emergency use authorisation for children between the age of 6-12 years, news agency ANI reported on Tuesday.
IIT Madras cases rise to 111
The total tally of COVID-19 cases at IIT Madras, touched 111 with 31 fresh infections being reported from the premier institution.
Hearing on the bail plea of Amravati MP Navneet Rana and her husband MLA Ravi Rana begins in Mumbai Session Court.
9 arrested in RSS worker murder case
Police have arrested nine SDPI PFI workers in connection with the murder of RSS worker Sreenivasan in Palakkad: Police Sources
Twitter will operate as it is till sale closes
Twitter’s top executives told employees on Monday that the company will keep operating as usual until the sale to Elon Musk closes later this year
ED raids ABG Shipyard premises in Mumbai, Pune and Surat
Searches underway at 26 places. ED has filed a laundering case against the firm and its promoters for defrauding banks of nearly 22,000 crore
Kim Jong Un has declared a resolve to further strengthen nuclear capabilities
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has declared a resolve to further strengthen nuclear capabilities during a military parade held in Pyongyang, state media reported on Tuesday.
First meta store
Meta Platforms Inc is set to open its first physical store where shoppers can try out and buy virtual reality headsets and other gadgets as the company plots a course to take its highly touted metaverse mainstream.
Delhi: IMD predicts spell of heatwave from April 28
- Delhi recorded a minimum temperature of 24.9 degrees Celsius, one notch above the normal, according to the India Meteorological Department. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 42 degrees Celsius.
- According to the weather department, the relative humidity in the city at 8.30 am was 37 per cent. The weatherman has predicted a mainly clear sky during the day.
Sensex & Nifty
Sensex jumps 657.67 points to 57,237.56 in early trade; Nifty gains 204.35 points to 17,158.30
India COVID-19 update
India reports 2,483 fresh cases and 1,970 recoveries in the last 24 hours. Active cases 15,636. Daily positivity rate (0.55%).
Russia and India in talks to restart coking coal supplies
- Russian and Indian officials met last week in an effort to resolve an impasse over the shipping of coking coal to Indian steelmakers, which has dried up since March over payment methods.
- Russia usually supplies about 30% of European Union, Japanese and South Korean coking coal needs, while India had planned to double its Russian imports to around 9 million tonnes this year.
- Imports make up around 85% of India’s overall coking coal needs, which total 50-55 million tonnes a year, and New Delhi last year signed a deal to import from Russia.
Kim Jong Un will ‘strengthen’ North Korea’s nuclear weapons
North Korea’s leader Kim Jong Un said he would “strengthen and develop” the country’s nuclear weapons during a speech at a high-profile military parade in Pyongyang, state media reported.
Be part of India’s growth story: Sitharaman at Silicon Valley
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman at the Silicon Valley invited investors to be part of the country’s growth story while pitching for collaboration with the US in financial services and emerging technologies.
Russia hits rail and fuel targets far from the eastern front
Russia unleashed a string of attacks against rail and fuel installations deep inside Ukraine, far from the front lines of Moscow’s new eastern offensive, as Russia’s top diplomat warned against provoking World War III and said the threat of a nuclear conflict should not be underestimated.
Indian American sworn in as assistant secretary of commerce for global markets
- Indian American Arun Venkataraman was sworn in as the Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Global Markets and Director General of the US and Foreign Commercial Service for the International Trade Administration.
- In this position, Venkataraman will lead a team of over 1,400 employees strategically located in 106 offices across the United States and 78 markets abroad, supporting US companies in markets representing 95 per cent of global GDP and 97 per cent of US trade.
China reports 17,812 new COVID cases
Mainland China reported 17,812 new coronavirus cases for April 25, of which 1,923 were symptomatic and 15,889 were asymptomatic, the National Health Commission said. That compared with 20,261 new cases a day earlier – 2,680 symptomatic and 17,581 asymptomatic infections, which China counts separately. There were 52 new deaths, bringing the death toll to 4,828. As of April 25, mainland China had confirmed 205,257 cases.
Western weapons in Ukraine legitimate targets for Russian military: Russia
Deliveries of Western weaponry to Ukraine mean that the NATO alliance is in essence engaged in war with Russia and Moscow views these weapons as legitimate targets, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
Beijing COVID cases
China’s capital Beijing recorded 33 new COVID-19 cases for April 25, the country’s state broadcaster CCTV said. Of the cases, 32 were symptomatic, and only one was asymptomatic. All 33 cases were locally transmitted and compared with 19 infections reported the day before.
IMF urges Sri Lanka to tighten monetary policy, raise tax
Sri Lanka must tighten monetary policy, raise tax and adopt flexible exchange rates to address its debt crisis, a senior IMF official said. The country of 22 million people has requested loans from the IMF as it struggles to pay for imports amid crushing debt and a sharp drop in foreign exchange reserves that has fueled soaring inflation.
Maharashtra: Heat wave conditions likely over Vidarbha
Heat wave conditions likely over Vidarbha region in next two days, IMD Nagpur deputy director general ML Sahu said