The Assistant Product Manager is responsible for assisting the Marketing Director in creating successful and creative record releases in an organized and timely manner. As the Assistant Product Manager, you will work closely with the Marketing Director on two fronts: (1) creative ideation and execution (2) organized, well-thought out, and timely release schedules. You will assist the Marketing Director in the entire release process from timeline creation all the way through the record release and marketing.
As the right hand for the Marketing Director, you will be critical in helping our Marketing Director drive organizational and creative success by removing obstacles, maintaining timelines, and supporting creatively in order to help her focus on higher level operations. Our long-term goal with this position is for this candidate to train, learn and grow under the Marketing Director in order to evolve into a Product Manager as the company grows.
We’re looking for someone who is motivated and excited to bring creative ideas to the table and is able to own the organization required to be an effective Assistant Product Manager. The ideal candidate is eager to be a part of a team responsible for breaking independent artists and building a catalog of high quality and creative products.
- Assisting the Marketing Director in creating successful and creative record releases in an organized and timely manner
- Assisting in creating, managing and maintaining release schedules for the label and coinciding deadlines
- Assisting in the contribution and execution of creative marketing ideas and activations for artists’ campaigns
SPECIFIC TASKS BASED ON ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Creating and maintaining project budgets and tracking expenses
- Updating all artist related platforms such as: Squarespace, Bandsintown, Songkick, Multi-link platforms (ffm.to), DSPs, socials, and more
- Assisting in communicating and synchronizing campaigns with the team and partners, ensuring a global approach to campaigns
- Regularly check all data sources and gather information to present to the Manager for review, support with assessment
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, and the ability to handle shifting priorities with flexibility and a smile
- Copywriting and mirroring artist’s or brand’s voice when necessary
- Contribute merch/webstore creative and marketing ideas
- Email marketing and email list management
- Assisting in the creation of pitch assets for the Marketing Director and Sales team
- Assisting in creative commissioning as it pertains to releases (photographers, videographers, graphic designers, etc.)
- Previous Internship or position with a label or management company in the music industry
- Strong communication skills (internally with the team and externally with the artists and partners)
- Knowledge of social media best practices (including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Deep engagement in current music marketing trends, including digital innovations and digital marketing and promotion opportunities
- GSuite knowledge (docs, sheets, drive, etc.)
- Experience with maintaining and marketing on platforms such as: Squarespace, Bandsintown, Songkick, Feature.fm or other multi-link platforms
- Ability to network with clients and industry contacts
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a progressive and creative attitude
- Able to meet multiple competing deadlines and thrive in a fast paced working environment
- Passionate about working on campaigns from the earliest days of an artist’s career to working with successful artists with an existing global fanbase
- You have a network of creatives to assist in creative commissioning (photographers, videographers, directors, etc.)
- A history of closely working with artists and managers
- Photoshop and/or Canva skills
- Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager knowledge
- TikTok Advertising knowledge
- Grasp of digital landscape– new platforms, new services, better tools to accomplish goals The Details:
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Mentality: Self-motivated, collaborative, and scrappy. Embraces startup culture and wants to be part of a passionate team. Eager to support artists and the company by attending shows, networking, and building relationships.
- Experience: Previous internship or position in relevant seat in the music industry
- Status: Full-time in-office
- Reports to: Marketing Director
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send the following to [email protected]
- List of your top 5 all time favorite songs
- List of your top 5 favorite songs right now
- Sample of writing/content
- A plus if you have: any example(s) of relevant previous work (social links, campaign screenshots, creative ideas you had for a campaign, etc.)
TAG was started in 2016 by Gabe Saporta as a management company. 2018 marked the beginning of the TAG Music label with the signing of Tessa Violet.
We are a boutique music company focused on early-stage artist development. That means we’re not afraid to take early bets on artists that inspire us (despite what story the data might tell), and that we’re not afraid to get our hands dirty.
We have a small roster and we believe in super-serving our artists — focusing on quality over quantity.
Our company culture is vital to us, and we work hard to cultivate an environment conducive to our core values.
We think of ourselves as a collaborative small company that punches above our weight class: Everyone gets the chance to wear many hats, to be involved in decision making, and to enjoy the flexibility and comfort of a business that feels like a family. But we’re also ambitious and driven, and we take pride in our work, our process, systems, and efficiency. To us, working in music is a privilege, and unlike other jobs where you clock in and out, the music business has a tendency to consume your entire life. Consequently we believe that the people you work with should be people you’d actually want to hang with — life is too short to work with assholes.
We’ve been growing quickly and we’re looking for someone to join our team who shares our philosophies, sees work as more than just a job, and is excited about the idea of growing with a new company.
- Health insurance
- Super Flexible PTO
- Office Lunches 3x a week (no Mendocino Farms!)